Everyone knows that carrying too much weight on the frame is bad, but many cannot explain why. At Ashbury Cosmetic Surgery we delve into why having excess weight can be detrimental to your health and your life…
Many Australians know that retaining too much weight can be detrimental to your health, but many do not completely understand why. Often excess weight leads to diabetes, and the more excess weight there is, the more pressure is placed on the joints and heart. It has also been found that large amounts of fat is linked with cancers that affect the kidneys, liver and even affects cognitive function.
How being overweight can affect your health…
Carrying excess weight can be extremely detrimental to your health and lifestyle, with many health risks increasing along with the weight on the scale. In our modern times it has become easy to be inactive and develop addictions to food, but these are not the only cause for obesity in Australia. Other causes include:
- The environment – This includes a lack of pavements to run safely on, a lack of public parks or affordable gyms.
- Genes and family history – Obesity tends to be genetic, and if a child has two obese parents, they are over two times more likely to become overweight themselves.
- Health conditions – Medical conditions can affect the amount of weight a person gains, for instance an underactive thyroid is frequently to blame for many adults becoming overweight.
- Medicines – Sometimes prescribed medicines can have an impact on a person’s weight. Medications such as antidepressants and corticosteroids directly influence weight gain.
- Lack of Sleep – It has been found that a lack of sleep increases the risk of obesity.
Getting rid of that excess fat…
It is certainly easier to say it than to do it, but making a lifestyle change to better your life is always a commendable action. See your GP for best advice on how to go about losing weight, what is best to eat and how much exercise you should be undertaking every day. By doing this you can take control of your life, start your journey to looking great, feeling great and lowering a multitude of health risks!
When you have those last bits of bulge that won’t budge…
At Ashbury Cosmetic Surgery in Brisbane and the Gold Coast, we highly recommend visiting your qualified GP for advice in losing excess weight. For those that have already lost weight and are having trouble getting rid of those last stubborn areas of fat, we at Ashbury can offer you Liposculpture.
Liposculpture is a procedure that can effectively re-shape the body through the removal of fat pockets that are positioned in various locations around the body. This procedure utilises a small tube that is inserted into the treatment area, between the muscle and the skin to effectively remove any excess fat through suction.
While we are conducting the treatment, we will always take into consideration your goals as well as the aesthetics of your treatment area to ensure you get the best result possible. At Ashbury we are committed to providing you high quality treatments combined with an unsurpassed level of care to bring you the best cosmetic experience possible.
To discover more about our cosmetic treatments or to book an appointment at our Brisbane or Gold Coast cosmetic clinics, please do not hesitate to contact us.