If you’re considering a cosmetic treatment, you may be interested in finding out more about which procedures are most popular at the moment.
Cosmetic treatments — both surgical and minimally invasive — are continuing to grow in popularity. With advancements in the field of cosmetic medicine, it’s easy to see why so many people are opting for these kinds of treatments. If you are thinking about enhancing your appearance in some way, consider one of the most popular treatments to try this winter.
- Anti-wrinkle injections – They’ve been around for a while, but injectables have maintained their popularity. A great way to freshen your appearance this winter, anti-wrinkle injections work by softening lines in the face. They are an effective treatment for frown lines, forehead lines and crow’s feet, and the procedure itself is quick and simple. Another popular treatment, dermal fillers are also a good option if you’d like a rejuvenated appearance. The results are natural-looking and subtle, and help to restore volume to the face and lips. If you would like to add volume to your lips specifically, you might consider a lip filler, either in the form of a fat transfer or an injectable.
- Body contouring – Everyone dreams of having a beautiful figure, and thanks to modern technology, smooth contours are now achievable for a lot of people. If you’ve spent the summer getting in shape, but are still suffering from stubborn areas of fat, you might consider CoolShaping. It’s a non-surgical procedure that involves controlled cooling to permanently destroy fat cells. The treatment is best suited to individuals who are relatively fit and at stable and healthy body weight but would like to get rid of fat bulges that are resistant to diet and exercise. It’s not a weight loss treatment, but if you’d like to enhance your body over the winter months in preparation for bikini season, we encourage you to come in for a consultation to see if CoolShaping is right for you.
- Breast augmentation – According to a report published by the American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS), breast augmentation was one of the most popular cosmetic procedures last year, rising by around four percent from 2017. Modern breast augmentation techniques generally achieve very natural-looking results, and there are a wide variety of implant shapes and sizes to choose from. We offer round implants, which are ideal for women who would like to enlarge the upper part of the breast; and anatomical implants, which are more naturally shaped like a teardrop. The type you choose will depend on your aesthetic goals, and we encourage you to come in for a consultation to discuss your particular expectations in detail with Dr Chen.
- Nose reshaping – The report released by ASPS also showed that nose reshaping remains one of the most popular cosmetic procedures. A disproportionate nose can certainly cause discomfort and embarrassment, so it’s easy to understand why the procedure is performed so often. In many cases, Dr Chen actually combines nose reshaping with other procedures to improve the overall balance and appearance of the facial features.
- Laser skin treatments – As the seasons change and winter approaches, many of us develop skin concerns that require a little more attention than usual. Laser skin treatments help to rejuvenate the skin and generally help to improve the overall texture and quality of the skin. We offer a range of laser skin treatments, some of the most popular of which include laser and RF skin tightening, laser skin rejuvenation and laser skin resurfacing. Laser and RF skin tightening helps to address sagging skin caused by ageing, weight loss or exposure to UV rays, while laser skin rejuvenation targets specific concerns, like pigmentation, sun damage, acne scars, and wrinkles. Laser skin resurfacing also helps to remove wrinkles and lines, leaving the skin feeling soft and smooth.
If you would like to find out more about any of the procedures that we offer or to arrange a consultation, please don’t hesitate to get in touch.