Not all unsightly veins can be avoided but by following these tips you can reduce the likelihood of these veins developing!
- Wear sunscreen and protective clothing to reduce the development of spider veins on the face.
- Exercise regularly to improve overall circulation, leg strength and vein strength. Exercises that work your legs such as walking or running are particularly beneficial.
- Manage your weight to avoid excess pressure placed on your legs and circulatory system.
- When sitting, avoid crossing your legs for long periods of time.
- Elevate your legs when resting as much as possible.
- Avoid sitting or standing for long periods of time. When standing shift your weight from one leg to another every few minutes. When sitting get up and move around for a short period of time every 30 minutes.
- Elastic support stockings actively reduce the occurrence of varicose veins, whilst tight clothing around your waist, groin and legs can actually promote the development of unsightly veins.
- Avoid wearing high heels for long periods of time.
- Eat less salt – reducing your consumption of salt can help reduce the swelling of varicose veins.
- Increase your intake of fibre rich foods. This can reduce the chance of constipation occurring, which is a condition that can contribute to the development of varicose veins
If you do unfortunately develop varicose or spider veins, at Ashbury Cosmetics located in Brisbane and on the Gold Coast we have a range of innovative treatment options that can help reduce the appearance and even visibly erase the signs of these veins.